Other than some patchy morning fog, North Alabama is seeing clear skies Thursday morning. These clear skeis will allow for a quick warm-up through the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 90s combined with humidity will feel like 100-105 this afternoon. With all this heat and humidity there will be enough instability to develop pop-up thunderstorms today. Coverage will likely be lower than yesterday and Tuesday.
The heat and the threat of thunderstorms will stick around through this weekend. There has been some major changes in the track of a tropical system near Cuba since Wednesday. The trend and potential track are now much further east and north. Instead of a direct impact to Alabama the track could be offshore of Florida's *east* coast rather than even reaching the Gulf of Mexico. This would of course drop our potential rain substantially compared to yesterday's forecast.
- Hot, humid and afternoon storms continues Thursday
- Hot, humid & afternoon thunderstorms today
- Hot and humid Thursday with more afternoon thunderstorms
- Another hot & humid afternoon, more pop-up storms
- Another hot and humid afternoon, isolated thunderstorms
- Hot, humid, and stormy
- Hot and humid Saturday
- Sunny and hot but lower humidity Thursday
- Slightly warmer Thursday but low humidity continues
- Hot & Humid To Start September