Showers and thunderstorms were scarce for our Monday. The pattern is not likely to change this week, so most of the Tennessee Valley will stay dry throughout the week. That's not to say showers and thunderstorms will not develop. A few are possible each day, but very few spots within the Valley will actually get rained on.
With the rain lacking overall, the increasing warmth becomes the biggest part of our weather story this week. Temperatures will gradually climb through the 90s. Humdiity will also be on the the upswing, so the heat indices are likely to reach triple digits Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday and Friday will be slightly cooler, but that doesn't mean we will be cool. It will still be very much summer in the Deep South.
Showers and thunderstorms will stay few through Saturday. Increasing showers and thunderstorms are possible on Sunday and Monday, but until then things will stay relatively quiet.
- Hot Week With Only Isolated Showers
- Isolated showers and a hot afternoon
- Isolated showers for Christmas Day
- Hot With Only A Few Showers Wednesday
- Showers Easing Through This Week
- Hot With A Few Showers For The 4th
- Thursday Will Be Hot With Scattered Showers & Thunder
- Isolated strong to severe thunderstorms Monday
- Hot, humid, and stormy
- Sunny, hot, and hazy