All Madison County hospitals are alerting potential visitors to be mindful of the fact significant flu activity is being reported in Madison and surrounding north Alabama counties.
The hospitals, which include Huntsville Hospital and Crestwood Medical Center, are asking the public to not visit anyone at their facilities if they have the following eight symptoms.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Body aches
You can ask a hospital employee for a mask when visiting, and you are asked to practice proper hygeine.
Health leaders are also asking the public to get the flu vaccine.
- Hospitals: Stop visiting patients if you have these 8 flu-like symptoms
- Police: Hospital behavioral patient caught raping patient
- Stopping the spread of flu in schools
- First Lady to visit Nashville Children's Hospital
- Three patients die after receiving excessive pain medicine, hospital says
- FDA approves 1st nonopioid drug to ease withdrawal symptoms
- Huntsville Havoc team visits Neonatal ICU at Huntsville Hospital
- 'Disney on Ice' cast visits children at Huntsville Hospital
- Flu Strain A vs Flu Strain B
- 2019 Flu Season Coverage