Police tell us one person is in custody after a murder Monday night in Muscle Shoals. The Colbert County coroner confirmed it took place around 8PM at a home on A.C. Curry Street. Amber Streitmatter was found with a gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Muscle Shoals Police along with the Colbert County Sheriff's Office took the suspect identified by witnesses, Benjamin Davenport, into custody without incident. Police executed a search warrant of Davenport's home and found evidence believed to have been used in Streitmatter's murder.
Davenport is charged with capital murder and is being held on no bond at the Muscle Shoals City Jail.
- Man charged with capital murder in Muscle Shoals homicide
- Muscle Shoals TV Show Confirmed
- Muscle Shoals' pre-game routine
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- Decatur man charged with capital murder in double homicide
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Muscle Shoals Education Foundation raises $90,000
- Muscle Shoals parents upset after teacher firing
- One dead in Muscle Shoals shooting
- Muscle Shoals basketball punches Final Four ticket