OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. -- It was quite the Friday for Mississippi high school senior Kaylee Foster.
She started the day being named homecoming queen at Ocean Springs High School. Then, she traded in her tiara for a football helmet as she took to the field as the team's placekicker.
She made two field goals in regulation, then kicked the game-winning extra point in overtime.
Foster has already made 11 extra points, and three field goals this year, and has been placekicking competitively since she was in the 7th grade.
But she said her first sports love is soccer, and she'll be playing that sport next year at Mississippi College.
In the meantime, Foster said she will relish being voted homecoming queen.
- Homecoming queen kicks winning point for Mississippi football team
- UNA lineman kicked off football team after assault arrest
- Alabama LB Vandarius Cowan kicked off team
- Bulldogs celebrate homecoming at Lewis Crews
- Lewis Sullivan has homecoming at VBC
- A high school is ditching gendered homecoming roles and is crowning 'Homecoming Royalty' instead
- Scores: High school football kicks off in North Alabama
- Alabama football team to visit White House
- Trump hails championship Alabama football team
- 2018 AWSA All-State Football Team Announced