Heat will be the big story of the day across the Tennessee Valley. We are starting warm and end up hot today with highs in the mid 90s. It will feel like 100 for much of the afternoon.
The only relief we could see today would be in the form of a quick passing spotty shower or two. Chance of rain today is only at 20%.
The next few days we are looking at better chances for rain especially between Wednesday and Thursday. Although our rain chances do last through Labor Day.
- High Heat Today But Storms Return Tomorrow
- Heat peaks today, storms on the way
- Chilly today, but no "cold turkey" tomorrow!
- Heat Advisory today and Tuesday
- Dangerous heat and thunderstorms today
- Clouds and showers return today
- Dangerous heat returns Friday afternoon
- Dangerous heat today, still tracking Florence
- A few storms, increasing heat
- Dangerous heat, some strong storms