The Mega Millions drawing for Friday is 70, 59, 30, 28, 39, (10)
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The jackpot for the Mega Millions lottery game has climbed to $450 million, just hours before the drawing.
The top prize was raised ahead of the drawing Friday night.
Lottery officials also increased the jackpot of Powerball, the other national lottery game, to $570 million. That drawing will be Saturday night.
The jackpots refer to the annuity options for both games, in which payments are made over 29 years. Most winners opt for cash options, which would be $281 million for Mega Millions and $358.5 million for Powerball.
The odds of winning the Mega Millions jackpot is one in 302.5 million. Powerball has odds of one in 292.2 million.
Both games are played in 44 states plus Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Puerto Rico also participates in Powerball.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/5/2018 7:33:18 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Here are your winning Friday $450M Mega Millions numbers
- These are your odds of winning Powerball or Mega Millions
- Powerball and Mega Millions now at $783 million
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $900 million, second-highest
- Single ticket in South Carolina wins $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot
- Mega Millions prize up to $502M, 10th largest in US
- $1.6 billion Mega Millions jackpot up for grabs tonight
- Anonymous winner claiming $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot
- Winner buys Mega Millions ticket in Florida, ticket worth $450 million
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years