Wednesday's Numbers: 42, 39, 18, 02, 37, 12 (Powerball)
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The estimated Powerball jackpot has climbed to $460 million, making it the nation's 10th largest lottery prize.
Players have until Wednesday night to spend $2 for a chance at the prize, awarded to anyone matching five white balls drawn from one drum and a red Powerball drawn from another. The odds of winning are one in 292.2 million.
It's the biggest Powerball jackpot since a $758.7 million prize won last August.
The $460 million prize refers to the annuity option, paid over 29 years. The cash prize would be $291 million.
Lottery players also can vie for another giant prize, as the Mega Millions game's grand prize will be $418 million in Friday's drawing.
The odds of one person winning jackpots in both games? One in more than 88 quadrillion.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/3/2018 4:01:19 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Here are your Wednesday $460M Powerball numbers
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- Iowa winner claims huge Powerball jackpot
- Powerball and Mega Millions now at $783 million
- These are your odds of winning Powerball or Mega Millions
- Iowa Powerball winner gives $500K to veterans group
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Flu numbers spike in Northern Alabama
- Huntsville Police discuss murder numbers for 2018
- Dry Wednesday, rain returns Wednesday night