For the 10th straight year, the Tent City Project in Huntsville gathered donations to help the homeless. This year they'll be handing them out on December 22nd.
In a part of Huntsville that is rarely seen, about a dozen or so tents are set up in a makeshift village where people down on their luck call home.
Some people said they live there because it's a struggle to just get by. The Tent City Project will be helping those people this holiday season by giving them camping supplies, clothes, food, first aid supplies and other necessities.
"They're really helpful. If it wasn't for them, I don't know what we would do," said Denise Perry.
- Helping hand for homeless in Huntsville
- Huntsville restaurants stop handing out plastic straws
- Ten people homeless after Huntsville fire
- Community lends helping hand to furloughed workers
- Good Cause Huntsville helps those needing housing
- Huntsville police need help identifying this man
- Find out how to help the local homeless population
- Huntsville refuses to hand over evidence in murder case against cop
- Local Huntsville Church turns their building into a warming center for homeless
- Huntsville police ask for help finding missing woman