For the 10th straight year, the Tent City Project in Huntsville gathered donations to help the homeless. This year they'll be handing them out on December 22nd.
In a part of Huntsville that is rarely seen, about a dozen or so tents are set up in a makeshift village where people down on their luck call home.
Some people said they live there because it's a struggle to just get by. The Tent City Project will be helping those people this holiday season by giving them camping supplies, clothes, food, first aid supplies and other necessities.
"They're really helpful. If it wasn't for them, I don't know what we would do," said Denise Perry.
- Helping hand for homeless in Huntsville
- Huntsville restaurants stop handing out plastic straws
- Ten people homeless after Huntsville fire
- Community lends helping hand to furloughed workers
- Huntsville students get hands-on education about moon landing
- First Stop collecting donations for homeless in Huntsville
- Find out how to help the local homeless population
- Good Cause Huntsville helps those needing housing
- Huntsville police need help identifying this man
- Huntsville refuses to hand over evidence in murder case against cop