Expect another round of showers and thunderstorms Sunday afternoon and evening. Recent data has shifted the better rain chances further west Sunday and Monday. Many areas in the Valley will likely even remain dry. With drier conditions now forecast for Sunday afternoon, highs may reach 90 for some areas.
The other big story for the week ahead will be a strong high pressure system setting up just to our north. This will allow for highs to return to the mid 90s by the end of the workweek. Combined with the humidity, heat index values will be back above 100 degrees for the 2nd half of the week.
- Heaviest rain from Barry stays west of the Valley
- Bracing for some rain from Barry
- Barry brings threats of heavy rain and strong storms to the Valley
- Wednesday stays dry, then rain arrives Thursday
- Clouds hold on, but rain stays scarce
- Rain rolls into the Tennessee Valley
- Rain Returns To The Valley Starting Wednesday
- Rain Returns To The Valley This Afternoon
- Gordon's rain grazes the Tennessee Valley
- Rain increases Wednesday across the Tennessee Valley