Wednesday will shape up to be the hottest day of the week. Temperatures hit the mid 90s this afternoon and with the humidity, it will feel more like it's close to the triple digit mark. Most of us stay dry, but there is a 20% chance of a stray shower or rumble of thunder.
Rain coverage increases over the next couple of days. Scattered showers and storms on Thursday give way to widespread periods of rain and storms on Friday. For the weekend, the rain continues off and on and highs drop to the mid to upper 80s. You can expect more of the same to kick off the next work week.
- Heat peaks today, storms on the way
- High Heat Today But Storms Return Tomorrow
- A few storms, increasing heat
- Dangerous heat, some strong storms
- Dangerous heat today, still tracking Florence
- Pop-up storms and dangerous heat
- TVA records second-highest peak power demand
- Only A Handful Of Storms Possible Today
- Heat Index Near 105, Then More Storms For Thursday
- More Heat And Storms On The Way Sunday