Mostly sunny skies will allow for a quick warm up which will help to destabilize the atmosphere. There will be enough instability to get storms going this afternoon but coverage will be focused further south than what we saw Wednesday.
Highs in the low 90s will bring triple digits heat index values to the Tennessee Valley. A little bit more cloud cover and earlier onset of showers and thunderstorms will keep temperatures slightly cooler Friday.
Thunderstorm coverage will pick back up Friday with widespread storms expected in the Valley. Storm chances and coverage will drop slightly Saturday and Sunday.
- Hot and humid Thursday with more afternoon thunderstorms
- Isolated thunderstorms Thursday afternoon
- More afternoon thunderstorms Thursday
- Hot Saturday, stray afternoon thunderstorm
- Hot with afternoon thunderstorms Friday
- Hot and humid Tuesday, stray thunderstorm possible
- Hot weekend but isolated afternoon thunderstorms
- Hot Independence Day with afternoon thunderstorms
- Sunny and hot but lower humidity Thursday
- Hot, humid, and stormy