A Madison County man is in the hospital after being shot during a home invasion.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office says two men pushed their way inside a home in the 100 block of Singletree Drive in Hazel Green at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The sheriff’s office says the victim, a 35-year-old man, was shot in the stomach after the men demanded everything in his residence. He said he did not know the suspects and that they left the house wearing camouflage and traveling in an unknown direction.
Neighbors said they were shocked when investigators came knocking on their doors Tuesday night asking about a shooting on the street.
"We've had minor car break-ins and stuff like that, but never anything like this," said Ashley Plamondon, a neighbor.
Neighbors said investigators were at the home and patrolling the area until 2 o'clock in the morning.
"Hopefully they're not out for everybody else. I feel bad for our neighbors, and I hope that guy will be okay," said Plamondon.
The victim’s girlfriend was able to identify one of the suspects by using the video from a Ring alarm system, said Lt. Donny Shaw, the sheriff’s office spokesperson.
"That's why you don't answer your door until you know who they are," said Plamondon.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office said the man has undergone two surgeries and is in the intensive care unit at the hospital.
Shaw said the office continues to search for the known suspect and to identify the second suspect.
- Hazel Green neighbors react after man shot in home invasion
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Neighbors react after man killed in home invasion
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- Hazel Green house fire reported
- Murder suspect in Hazel Green home invasion, shooting was originally charged with assault
- Hazel Green man killed in wreck
- 1 shot in Hazel Green over money dispute, deputies say
- Neighbors react after woman shot at business
- Sunday's storm causes damage in Hazel Green