A Hartselle man riding a bicycle near Prattville was hit and killed by a logging truck Monday evening, Alabama State Troopers said.
James Walter Moore Jr., 75, was cycling on a two-lane portion of U.S. Highway 31 about 10 miles north of Prattville when he was hit by the truck, troopers said. The wreck happened around 6:20 p.m.
Moore was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers are still investigating the wreck.
- Hartselle man killed by 18-wheeler in Elmore County
- Authorities: Man killed fellow inmate in Elmore prison
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Inmate stabbed to death at Elmore County prison
- 18-wheeler wreck blocks I-65 in Cullman County
- Hartselle man charged with sodomizing teenager
- Wrecked 18-wheeler blocks Florence traffic
- Road reopened after 18-wheeler crash
- Hartselle man arrested on rape charge by Morgan County deputies
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth