In the midst of a massive movement against sexual harassment and misconduct, a lot of folks are bewildered at how Hanceville mayor Kenneth Nail could have made a sexually-suggestive facebook post about Governor Kay Ivey.
Here’s the bottom line from an editorial in today’s Cullman Times. It reads in part: “Some people believe sexual banter is all in fun and the backlash is overblown. However, if you are on the receiving end of such language and actions, you probably think otherwise.”
Mayor Kenneth Nail pictured on the right of Governor Kay Ivey (the Governor's left)
Referring to the photo below, Mayor Nail started the controvesy on facebook.
Nail is pictured on the right of Governor Ivey.
On the social media site, a facebook friend asked Nail, "Where is your right hand?"
Nail admittedly posted, "She did have a smile on her face, didn't she LOL."
Governor Ivey stops short of forgiving Mayor Nail. In a statement to WAAY 31, the Governor says she does not condone Nail’s comments.
The response reads, "I’ve spoken with Mayor Nail, and he has apologized for his inappropriate comments about me posted on social media,” she wrote. “This situation is another reminder of the truth that words matter and that everyone, especially public officials, will be held to a high-standard for our remarks, even those made in jest online. Though I do not condone the mayor’s comments, they will not keep me from my continued focus on governing and serving the people of Alabama."
State Senator Paul Bussman says Nail needs to immediately resign as mayor of Hanceville.
- New fallout from mayor's lewd facebook post about Alabama's governor
- Alabama city councilman charged with public lewdness
- Hanceville mayor makes sexually-charged facebook post about Gov. Ivey
- Gov. Ivey: "I do not condone" mayor's sexually-suggestive facebook post
- 2 look to become first to go from mayor to Alabama governor
- Fun Facebook posts could be giving out valuable information
- Woman gets kidney donation from stranger thanks to Facebook post
- Tensions rise in Alabama governor's race
- Kay Ivey elected Governor of Alabama
- Read: Governor Kay Ivey's Rebuild Alabama bill