Stop for just a second and guess how much people in America spend collectively every year on Halloween.
Would you guess $5 billion dollars? If so, you're way under. Try $9 billion. A third of that is on costumes, with $2.7 billion spent on decorations and $2.6 billion on candy.
These numbers are from the National Retail Federation.
- Halloween spending surges in America
- UNA Baseball celebrates Halloween
- Walmart surges heading into holidays
- Tracking some rain for Halloween
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- Tracking scattered showers, storms for Halloween
- President Trump on allies' spending
- North Alabama counties see surge in absentee ballot votes
- KKK chapter drop steeply despite 'hate groups' surge
- Sexton leads Alabama's 2nd-half surge to beat No. 16 Auburn