Halloween is approaching and children (and many adults, too) are ready to dress up and go out hunting for treats.
WAAY 31 is working to compile a list of Halloween events happening in North Alabama.
Did we miss an event? Let us know the details in the comments section below or email us at email@example.com. Happy Halloween!
- The Fort Payne Chamber of Commerce is celebrating Halloween with a block party on Oct. 29 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Trunk or Treat on the Square in Athens will be downtown on Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. If there is inclement weather, the event will be at the Limestone County Event Center at 114 W. Pryor Street.
- The Family Friendly Murder Mystery Dinner will be on Oct. 31 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Historic Lowry House. The cost is $30 for adults and $15 for kids.
- Trick-or-Treat at the Library is on Oct. 31 from 9 a.m. until closing at the Huntsville/ Madison County Main Public Library.
- The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is hosting its sixth annual Halloween Spooky Space Spectacular Thursday, Oct. 31, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. This year, the family-friendly event takes place in the main museum and includes “door-to-door” trick or treating, hands-on science activities and performances by magician and balloon artist Dr. Osborne. A selection of family friendly foods will be available for purchase in the main museum’s Mars Grill.
The cost is $20 for a family of up to five or $5 per person. Tickets are available HERE or at the door. An added feature this year is a special laser show set to the spookiest Halloween tunes in the INTUITIVE® Planetarium. Spooky Space visitors can also enjoy the Apollo 11 virtual reality experience. Tickets to the laser show as well as the VR experience are $5 per person.The Rocket Center’s weekly Biergarten also takes place Thursday, Oct. 31, in the Davidson Center for Space Exploration. The Twickenham Swing and Jazz Band will provide the entertainment for the evening, which features authentic German cuisine along with imported and domestic beers and wine. Admission is free, and the food and beverages are available for purchase.
- The Halloween Display & Toy and Candy Giveaway is Oct. 31 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the 305 8th Street group home. The event is free.
- Guardians of Alabama and the Eastside Baptist Church are holding a Trunk or Treat event from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 30 at 2000 Fry Gap Road. The event flyer says there will be bikes, cars and candy.
- The city of Boaz says the Monster Mash at the Mill will be Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Boaz Parks and Rec Center at 314 North King Street.
We also want to compile a list of when local neighborhoods and other areas say is the preferred trick-or-treating time. Read more on that here.
- Halloween 2019 events happening across North Alabama
- North Alabama honoring veterans with events
- Holiday parades and events in North Alabama
- Black bear sightings are happening in north Alabama
- Flooding in North Alabama
- What are the best times for Halloween trick-or-treating in North Alabama?
- UNA Baseball celebrates Halloween
- 2019 Panoply Arts Festival music, events revealed
- Tamiflu concerns in North Alabama
- Rain impacts north Alabama crops