According to Alabama State Troopers, a single vehicle crash that happened at 3:05 p.m. on Monday has claimed the life of a Haleyville woman, 71-year-old Carolyn Nicholson.
Officials say she was killed when the F-250 pickup truck she was driving left the road and struck a tree on County Road 93 in Franklin County. Troopers say Nicholson was med-flighted to Huntsville Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The wreck happened 10 miles north of Haleyville, and Nicholson was wearing her seatbelt at the time. State Troopers are investigating the crash.
No further information is available.
- Haleyville woman pronounced dead after crash in Franklin County
- Fighting to keep Haleyville's hospital
- Elkmont woman pronounced dead after two-vehicle crash on Alabama Highway 99
- Haleyville's hospital close to remaining open permanently
- Authorities ask for more help finding missing Haleyville woman
- Deadly crash in Franklin County
- Aretha Franklin dead at 76
- ATV crash kills two in Franklin County
- Florence man dies in Franklin County crash
- Athens man pronounced dead after two-vehicle wreck on Highway 31