Huntsville police were on the scene of a wreck that involved a police officer Monday morning.
The wreck happened around 9:40 a.m. on Pulaski Pike at Grizzard Road. The two SUVs hit head-on, according to police.
Police said the officer and the driver of the other vehicle were taken to a hospital after the crash and were both expected to recover.
The cause of the wreck is under investigation.
Pulaski Pike from McEwen to Hester and Grizzard Road from Dyas to Pulaski Pike were shut down while police investigated the wreck. The area finally reopened just before 2 p.m.
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- California Street back open after wreck involving HPD officer
- HPD officer charged with DUI
- Man killed by HPD Officer's bullet
- HPD Officers cleared by board in May
- DUI charges against HPD officer dropped
- HPD: driver involved with chase destroys church sign
- HPD officer who died after wreck had another one less than an hour before
- Report: HPD officer arrested for DUI vomited after wreck, had liquor in car
- HPD Officer charged with murder still considered an officer