A Huntsville police officer was booked into the Madison County Jail Thursday morning for a weekend drunk driving incident.
Curtis Eugene Mitchell, 22, was charged with one count of driving under the influence. Jail records indicate his bond was set at $1,000.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency served a warrant on Mitchell Thursday morning that stemmed from a DUI incident that took place over the weekend, according to Huntsville police. Police said Mitchell was not on duty and was in his private vehicle at the time.
Mitchell has been placed on administrative duties and has lost his badge and service weapon while state authorities investigate, the police department said.
- HPD officer charged with DUI
- DUI charges against HPD officer dropped
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- HPD Officer charged with murder still considered an officer
- Report: HPD officer arrested for DUI vomited after wreck, had liquor in car
- Man killed by HPD Officer's bullet
- HPD Officers cleared by board in May
- Woman charged with DUI
- HPD investigating ATV rollover crash
- California Street back open after wreck involving HPD officer