Huntsville Police are investigating an armed robbery that happened at a Huntsville Waffle House.
Police told WAAY 31 the 911 call came in around 4:40 Monday morning about a robbery at the Waffle House on Bailey Creek Circle in Southeast Huntsville. Officers said three teenagers in Halloween masks and armed with pistols went into the restaurant and demanded money. They were able to get away with $500 cash from the register and two cellphones and a wallet from customers.
Huntsville Police did bring out the police dogs to help search for the suspects who fled on foot. Police said the dogs lost the trail, but they are looking for the teenagers around Legacy Farms.
WAAY 31 talked to customers inside the store during the robbery, who we aren't identifying for their safety.
"They literally just came up out of nowhere. We didn't see them at all. It was just a second. I saw them, and they were in the door," one customer said.
"One of them walks over to us and was like, 'What do you all have?' another customer said. "My phone was sitting over there. He was like, 'Give me your phone. What do you have? Empty your pockets.'"
So, they did exactly what they were asked.
"I'm not about to die over an iPhone, over a cell phone, something that's only a few hundred dollars. I mean there are only four of us. We didn't have any weapons. They all three have guns pointed at us," a customer said.
- HPD investigating overnight armed robbery at a Waffle House
- HPD investigating ATV rollover crash
- Florence police investigate armed robbery at business
- Waffle House shooting victims identified
- Waffle House hero visits Huntsville
- HPD officer charged with DUI
- HPD officer involved in wreck
- Huntsville firefighters investigating overnight house fire
- Overnight fire under investigation
- Nashville Waffle House shooting suspect in custody