Boaz police said a woman may face federal drug charges after being arrested Sunday with more than half a pound of methamphetamine.
Mary Shores, 46, of Guntersville, was pulled over Sunday night on Alabama Highway 168 near Double Bridges. Boaz police said Shores gave them permission to search her vehicle, and officers found more than 8 ounces of meth and a .25-caliber handgun.
Shores was charged with meth trafficking and unlawful possession of a pistol.
Boaz police said they have notified the FBI, and Shores could face federal charges.
- Guntersville woman charged with meth trafficking
- Marshall County man charged with meth trafficking
- Albertville man charged with trafficking meth
- Morgan County man charged with meth trafficking
- Decatur police charge man with meth trafficking
- Guntersville woman charged with stealing truck
- Vigil held for Guntersville woman
- Men charged with trafficking meth through NW Alabama
- Man charged with trafficking meth, having cocaine in Russellville
- Athens woman facing drug trafficking charges