Guntersville police have charged a man with killing three people Friday evening.
Jimmy O'Neal Spencer, 52, is charged with four counts of capital murder.
Marie Kitchens Martin, 74, and her great-grandson, Colton Ryan Lee, 7, were found murdered in Martin's home on Mulberry Street Friday night.
Police Chief Jim Peterson said they believe Spencer is also responsible for the death of Martha Dell Reliford, 65. Reliford's body was found in her home across the street from Martin's home. Details on the killings weren't disclosed.
"We know the motive," Marshall County District Attorney's Office Chief Investigator John Young said. "I can't tell you right yet, but it'll come."
Spencer has already had an initial court hearing on the charges, officials said.
Spencer is from Franklin County and recently got out of prison for burglary, Young said. He had been in Guntersville for a fairly short period of time, staying in motels and sleeping on park benches, he said.
"We believe this is the man, and this is the only man," Young said.
Spencer is being held without bond.
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Man charged with killing 3 people in Guntersville
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Sheriff Ana Franklin's questionable connections
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Pinpointing 911 cell calls
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Cleaning contaminated water
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Morgan County Whistleblower blogger
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: 565's frustrations, failings & future
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: e-WIC Cards
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Pharmacist Gag Clauses
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Alabama's disappointing E-Verify compliance
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: VA disability claim appeal delays