A man has been transported to Huntsville Hospital with a gunshot wound to the groin after being found at Browns Ferry Road and I-65. The Limestone County Sheriff's Office says the shooting happened somewhere around Highway 99. A driver picked the man up, drove him to Browns Ferry Road and called 911.
The victim had serious injuries, but paramedics were able to stabilize him on the way to the hospital.
The incident is under investigation, and WAAY 31 will update as more information is known.
- Shooting victim found at Browns Ferry Road and I-65
- Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant expects benefits from new solar panels
- Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant unit closed for upgrades
- TVA begins Browns Ferry outage for Unit 1 modifications
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission conducts investigation at Browns Ferry plant
- Gov. Ivey announces I-565 widening to 6 lanes, Browns Ferry Road expansion
- I-65 Bridge Damaged
- UPDATE: I-65 Bridge Reopened
- Nuclear operators at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant train for safety procedures
- Alabama authorities identify teen found shot on I-65