Grissom softball player, MaKayla Cox, put the pen to paper Friday afternoon. She officially committed to play ball at Talladega College next year.
She was surrounded by family, friends, teammates and coaches on this big day.
Cox said playing at the next level is something she's always dreamed about.
"Ever since I was probably six, because that's as far back as I can remember, I was like, that's what I want to do. I want to be like the big girls on TV playing around, and stuff like that," senior MaKayla Cox said.
Cox will be playing for Coach Allison Barbee and will be in the NAIA conference.
- Grissom softball player signs to Talladega College
- Grissom softball player Jasmyne Kirkland signs letter of intent
- Two Grissom softball players selected for Jr. All-American Games
- Goodbye Grissom, Hello library
- Talladega authorities looking for escaped inmate
- Two police officers injured after shooting at Talladega Walmart
- Grissom Cadets finalize plans for Warrior 5K
- Grissom High School addresses new security measures
- Old Grissom High School construction starts
- District defends response after Snapchatter threatens Grissom High