Grissom Senior Jasmyne Kirkland signed on the dotted line Tuesday afternoon to play softball at the next level.
The centerfielder is heading off to Snead State next year where she'll play under head coach Tracy Grindrod.
Kirkland signed in front of friends, family, and coaches and was so excited to see everyone come out and support her in this journey. Kirkland has been playing softball for 14 years and always dreamed about playing at the college level, but going into her senior season, she didn't have a scholarship.
"I got my scholarship on my senior night, and I was going to walk on before that but then I got my scholarship. It was great. I was so excited," the senior said.
Coach Grindrod showed up at the Tigers senior night and surprised her with her scholarship to come play ball fo him.
- Grissom softball player Jasmyne Kirkland signs letter of intent
- Grissom softball player signs to Talladega College
- Two Grissom softball players selected for Jr. All-American Games
- Hazel Green girl's basketball player Destiny Cross signs Letter of Intent
- Goodbye Grissom, Hello library
- Lee High School Basketball star signs letter of intent with Mizzou
- Grissom Cadets finalize plans for Warrior 5K
- Grissom High School addresses new security measures
- Old Grissom High School construction starts
- District defends response after Snapchatter threatens Grissom High