A three car wreck in Gurley kills a grandmother and granddaughter.
The crash happened on New Year’s Day.
Gurley police say an SUV traveling on Old Gurley Pike did not stop at a stop sign. As the vehicle drove on, it was hit by another car traveling through the intersection on Highway 72 East. The driver of the SUV, Robin Clayton, 53 of Grant, was ejected and hit by a third vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her granddaughter, Rene Allen, 11, was also killed.
Police say the two were not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
One other person was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Gurley Police continue to investigate.
- Grandmother & Granddaughter Killed in New Year's Day Crash
- Grandmother speaks out after she says granddaughter was attacked at Whitesburg P-8
- Limestone County sheriff: Grandmother holds chase suspect at gunpoint while granddaughter calls 911
- Investigators say Huntsville woman and granddaughter were killed after drug run
- State: Lawyers for suspect in woman, granddaughter’s drug murders on ‘fishing expedition’
- 11-year-old kills grandmother, self, after being told to clean his room
- One Killed, Three people hospitalized in New Year's Day shooting
- Athens man killed in crash
- 3 killed in Alabama crash
- Grandmother scares away nude burglar by removing teeth