GORDON UPDATE: As of 7 AM, Gordon has weakened to a tropical depression with maximum sustained winds at 35 mph. It continues to track northwest at 14 mph with the center of circulation currently located near Jackson, MS.
While the remnants of Gordon won't make a huge impact in the Tennessee Valley, we can still see a few rounds of showers and storms through the day today. Overall, the chance of rain is still only 30% as the center of the storm tracks farther west.
Tomorrow, storms are a bit more prevalent, so rain chances increase to 40%. A fair amount of cloud cover will keep temperatures just below the 90 degree mark. Widespread rain holds off until the end of the weekend and beginning of next week as our next cold front approaches.
- Gordon's rain grazes the Tennessee Valley
- Tropical Storm Gordon Stays Away From The Tennessee Valley
- Rain rolls into the Tennessee Valley
- Rain increases Wednesday across the Tennessee Valley
- Tennessee Valley Authority preps for more rain
- Rain on track to arrive Thursday in the Tennessee Valley
- Rain to increase Saturday afternoon across the Tennessee Valley
- Sunny Thursday, Gulf storm system grazes North Alabama this weekend
- 2017 Murders In The Tennessee Valley
- Drought could impact crops in Tennessee Valley