Good samaritans helped stop a man who they say was attempting to rob and beat a 74-year-old woman according to WKRG.com.
Police say they heard the woman screaming at an Alabama shopping center in Midfield, Alabama. That is when people pulled the alleged attacker out of her car and held him until authorities arrived. Midfield police and witnesses tell news outlets the 74-year-old woman was punched by a man after she finished grocery shopping at a Piggly Wiggly.
One of the good Samaritans, William Daniels, fought with the man and held him until police arrived. One witness told a news outlet that the suspect kept yelling that he had AIDS. According to witnesses, he thought the man would let him go if he said he had AIDS.
Daniels says he didn't have time to think or get mad. The victim says police were thankful Daniels was there. The man is now facing multiple charges. The victim was check out at the scene by first responders and is expected to be okay.
- Good Samaritans rush to save 74-year-old woman from attacker
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from Tennessee River
- Family: Good Samaritan saves teen from Athens house fire
- 74-year-old man dead after Thursday shooting in Ardmore
- Investigators: Athens man claims to be Limestone County Sheriff, steals $9000 from 74-year-old
- UPDATE: Limestone County sheriff charges suspect in murder of 74-year-old in Ardmore
- Woman saved in Madison County water rescue
- Woman charged with attacking Florence police
- Woman attacked by dogs in Florence
- ABC sitcom star rushes to the aid of a woman having a seizure