UPDATE: According to the Lincoln County Sheriff, Adams was found safely in the woods of Elkton, Tennessee around 9:30 p.m. Friday.
Authorities in Giles County and Lincoln County are currently searching for 15-year-old Michael Adams, who went missing early Friday morning.
Adams is 5’01” tall with brown hair and hazel eyes. He is a type 1 diabetic with only a small amount of medication on his person, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office.
He was last seen at his grandmother's home on Pleasant Hill Road in Prospect, Tennessee at 5 a.m. Friday. Adams left on foot and was wearing a purple galaxy hoodie and carrying a gray backpack.
According to the sheriff's office, Adams has the mentality of a 10-year-old. If anyone comes into contact with him, they are asked to check his medical welfare, detain him and contact the Giles County Sheriff’s Department at 931-363-2460 or the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department at 931-433-9821. The search is a joint effort between both departments.
- Authorities locate missing boy in Elkton, Tennessee
- Authorities locate missing child
- Authorities locate missing Boaz woman
- Authorities locate missing man in Jackson County
- Authorities find missing 17-year-old boy
- Authorities locate woman with dementia
- Crews respond to structure fire at Elkton Road in Athens
- Tennessee Valley Authority preps for more rain
- UPDATE: Missing Huntsville senior located
- Authorities searching for 14-year-old Tennessee girl missing for more than 2 weeks