OXFORD, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say a Georgia woman has admitted to fatally shooting her 2-year-old daughter.
News outlets report 31-year-old Jennifer Michelle Bellah has been arrested on charges including murder and aggravated assault in the Tuesday shooting. A Newton County Sheriff's Office release says Bellah called 911 Tuesday night and told dispatchers she had shot her daughter, Natalya.
Natalya was pronounced dead at the scene of the Oxford home. The release says authorities believe Bellah acted alone, and authorities haven't released a possible motive.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was expected to perform an autopsy on the child this week. Bellah is set to appear in court Thursday. It's unclear if she has a lawyer to contact for comment.
- Georgia mother admits to killing her 2-year-old daughter
- Mom accidentally shoots and kills 2-year-old daughter
- Man charged with throwing weight through window, killing 2-year-old daughter
- Documents: Limestone County mother arrested after 2-year-old eats meth
- Investigator: teenager admitted to setting fire that caused mother's death
- A disbarred Georgia attorney is on the run after allegedly killing his mother
- Police in Georgia say mother drowned crying baby in bathtub
- Mother listens on the phone as teen daughter is attacked, killed
- Affidavit reveals victim's mother was outside her daughter's home when she was shot and killed
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter