BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Florida swimmer Caeleb Dressel and South Carolina basketball player A'ja Wilson have been named the Southeastern Conference athletes of the year for 2017-18.
SEC athletic directors voted on Dressel as male athlete of the year and Wilson as female athlete of the year.
Wilson was named SEC women's basketball player of the year each of the last three seasons. She swept the national player of the year awards and led South Carolina to a regional final. She was the No. 1 overall pick in the WNBA draft.
Dressel won four NCAA titles in four days and now has 10 career NCAA championships, enabling him to pass Ryan Lochte for the most in Florida history. He was named the College Swimming & Diving Coaches Association of America's swimmer of the year.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gators' Dressel, Gamecocks' Wilson are SEC athletes of year
- Bob Jones Stand Becoming a Florida Gator
- Silva's 32 lead Gamecocks to 80-77 win over No. 16 Auburn
- Video captures 'Decatur gator' in Tennessee River near Point Mallard
- Thousands attend funeral for Wilson High teens
- Kerryon Johnson named AP's SEC offensive player of the year
- Florida takes SEC player, pitcher, coach of the year awards
- SEC announces schedule for 2018 SEC Media Days
- SEC All-Freshman Team announced
- SEC Media Days schedule announced