(CNN) The unofficial start to summer is going to cost you, if your plans include travel.
The American Automobile Association (AAA) says prices at the pump will be at their highest levels for Memorial Day weekend since 2014.
The national average for a gallon of gas sits at 2 dollars and 93 cents. That's up about 50 cents from the last three years. And prices aren't expected to fall in the summer months.
AAA predicts most states will eclipse the $3 mark in the coming weeks.
Alabama's average price (as of 5/22/2018) is $2.63 per gallon.
- Gas prices this Memorial Day weekend highest since 2014
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Gas prices increased this Labor Day weekend
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- Gas prices declining in Huntsville
- Heat builds by Memorial Day Weekend
- Hot start to Memorial Day Weekend
- Gas prices expect to increase this summer
- Proposed tax would increase Decatur gas prices
- Report: Gas prices decrease in Huntsville