People are on the roads traveling this Labor Day weekend, but they might have to pay more at the pumps.
The American Automobile Association (AAA) reports that gas is the highest it's been since 2014 during the Labor Day weekend, but drivers told WAAY 31 those prices aren't affecting them.
"Well you've got to keep paying for gas. If it gets $5 a gallon, you'll just have to get you a better job," said Jeff Cruse.
Jeff Cruse isn't letting the gas prices stop him from traveling to Memphis, Tennessee this weekend.
"I came up with a little bit of money. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have afforded to go because the gas is so high. What are we going to do about it?" Cruse said.
According to AAA the national gas price is up 48 cents from this time last year and it's the highest Labor Day gas prices since 2014.
The price of a gallon of gas in Alabama is $2.54.
"We know we have to drive anyways. Having three kids we constantly have to go places," said Tim Sandritters.
Timo Sandritter is originally from Germany and he said gas in America is cheap compared to what he used to pay.
"You buy a liter and it's 3.8 liters to a gallon and it's the same price per liter as it is a gallon," Sandritters said.
Last Labor Day drivers in Huntsville paid 2.27 per gallon. Though the prices are higher this year, they're still going to enjoy their holiday travel while still staying safe.
"Keep the speed down, keep my seat belt on, don't drink and drive, don't talk and text while you're driving," Cruze said.
Huntsvile Police Department DUI task force will also continue traffic safety checkpoints and other traffic enforcement this weekend until September 3rd.
- Gas prices increased this Labor Day weekend
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- Gas prices expect to increase this summer
- Proposed tax would increase Decatur gas prices
- Alabama gas tax law goes into effect Labor Day weekend
- Gas prices this Memorial Day weekend highest since 2014
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Gas prices declining in Huntsville
- Gas prices rise in Huntsville
- A spectacular start to Labor Day Weekend