Average retail gas prices in Huntsville have risen 0.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.63, yesterday.
This is according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 261 gas outlets in Huntsville.
GasBuddy is the technology company changing the way more than 75 million consumers find, purchase, and save money on gasoline.
The results from the survey are compared with the national average that has increased 1.8 cents per gallon in the past week, making gas average to about $2.93 per gallon.
"As the summer driving season gets underway, there's reason to be optimistic and perhaps happy: OPEC appears ready to raise crude oil production to meet higher global demand, dashing at least for now, the likelihood of seeing the national average hit that ugly $3/gallon mark," said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.
According to GasBuddy historical data, gasoline prices on May 29 in Huntsville have ranged widely over the last five years:
$2.10/g in 2017, $2.12/g in 2016, $2.50/g in 2015, $3.52/g in 2014 and $3.27/g in 2013.
Areas near Huntsville and their current gas price climate:
Chattanooga- $2.64/g, up 1.9 cents per gallon from last week's $2.62/g.
Birmingham- $2.64/g, up 3.6 cents per gallon from last week's $2.61/g.
Tennessee- $2.72/g, up 2.9 cents per gallon from last week's $2.69/g.
- Gas prices increase in Huntsville
- Gas prices declining in Huntsville
- Gas prices expect to increase this summer
- Proposed tax would increase Decatur gas prices
- Gas prices increased this Labor Day weekend
- Report: Gas prices decrease in Huntsville
- Gas prices steady in Huntsville area
- Gas prices rising in Huntsville area
- Report: Huntsville area gas prices on the rise
- Gas prices on the rise in Huntsville area