The Colbert County Sheriff's Office raided a gas station outside of Tuscumbia Friday morning and said they seized 10 illegal gambling machines along with other evidence.
Deputies raided Dixie Express off of Highway 72 around 9 a.m. Colbert County Sheriff Frank Williamson said the business owner went to great lengths to disguise an illegal gambling operation.
"It's been an ongoing thing now for several months and it actually started last year when we started getting complaints," said Williamson.
In the gas station they had a secret room where all of the gambling machines were located, Williamson said. He said deputies conducted an undercover investigation and obtained search warrants for the business Friday morning.
"We've got a lot of time in it," said Williamson.
Williamson said the owner will likely face charges. They are in the process of obtaining warrants for his arrest.
- Gambling machines seized in Colbert County
- Over 120 gambling machines seized after undercover investigation in Lauderdale County
- Colbert County summer school program
- Colbert County sheriff: 2 arrested after drugs, guns, pills seized in multi-agency raid
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Colbert County Schools introduce new education foundation
- Man killed in Colbert County crash
- Colbert County deputy involved in morning wreck
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to murder
- Colbert County EMA unveils triage bus