The Madison County court issued a gag order Monday morning that prohibits law enforcement and attorneys on both sides from making any written or oral statements in the case of William Darby.
The order says the only exceptions are for scheduling and the nature of the trial.
Darby was charged with murder of Jeffery Parker on Friday after the grand jury reviewed the fatal suicidal call in April. He is currently out of jail on bond, and his trial is set to begin on October 29.
- Gag order issued for Huntsville officer's murder trial
- Alabama judge issues gag order in Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney's disappearance, death
- Judge OKs delay in Huntsville officer’s murder trial hearing
- Murder trial for Huntsville police officer will be continued
- Huntsville officer's pre-murder trial conference moved indefinitely
- Trial set in Huntsville capital murder case
- Huntsville Police Officer charged with murder
- Trial date set for Huntsville Police Department officer charged with murder
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Pharmacist Gag Clauses
- Peter Capote Murder Trial Starts