The GE Appliances manufacturing plant in Decatur will undergo a $115 million expansion. Officials made the announcement Friday morning.
According to officials, the expansion will add 255 full-time jobs to the area, bringing the plant's total employment to nearly 1,300. The investment will also add approximately 40,000 square feet to the plant. The company said the investment will boost production capacity by 25 percent and make the Decatur plant a "refrigerator super site" for GE Appliances.
"Our announcement today is great news for our business, for our GE Appliances family in Decatur, and for the State of Alabama," said Kevin Nolan, President and CEO of GE Appliances. "Our $115 million investment in Decatur is a critical part of our plan to be the leading appliances business in the United States. We are already a significant member of the local Decatur community, and look forward to a continued partnership with Decatur and the entire state of Alabama for many years to come."
- GE Appliances announces $115 million expansion to Decatur plant
- GE Appliances unveils new $125 million expansion in Decatur
- GE reducing operations at Decatur plant to fight coronavirus
- Decatur Morgan Hospital unveils its $6 million emergency department expansion
- BAE Systems announces $45 million expansion in Huntsville
- Daikin investing up to $195 million to expand Decatur plant
- BioHorizons announces $2M expansion, 60 new jobs
- Senator Shelby announces $14.2 million highway infrastructure grant for Decatur
- $200 million GE Aviation facility opens in Huntsville