Funeral arrangements for the slain Birmingham Police Sergeant Wytasha Carter were announced Tuesday.
Carter, 44, was shot early Sunday morning in downtown Birmingham as he and an undercover officer confronted a pair of suspected car burglars.
A visitation will be held Friday from noon until 6 p.m. at Rideout's Trussville Chapel on Gadsden Highway. A funeral will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at the BJCC in downtown Birmingham.
Alabama law enforcement agencies have taken to social media this week to express sorrow about Carter's death. Here are some of the posts:
- Funeral arrangements scheduled for slain Birmingham Police Sergeant
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Law enforcement mourn fallen sergeant in Birmingham
- End of watch for beloved Birmingham police sergeant
- Funeral arrangements set for 5 family members murdered in Elkmont
- Funeral set for Alabama officer slain in Mobile
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- Woman shot in Birmingham home
- Funeral arrangements set for Rod Bramblett, the Voice of the Auburn Tigers, and his wife, Paula, following car crash
- Some Birmingham Police officers get de-escalation training