Jackson County Sheriff’s Office identified the women mauled to death by a pack of dogs as Emily Mae Colvin, 24, of Section.
Investigators told WAAY 31 was killed after being attack by her neighbor’s five pit bulls at her home on County Road 121 around 9 a.m. Thursday.
Friends of Colvin are still in shock by what happened.
“She had the biggest heart of anybody that you can ever meet. You may have just met her, but she could put a big smile on your face no matter what she said.” Colvin's friend Tiger Frazier said.
Still in disbelief that her friend was viciously attacked and killed by the neighbor’s dogs, Fraizer said Colvin complained about the pit bulls to her and coworkers before the attack.
Sheriff Chuck Phillips told WAAY 31 after the dog attacked Emily, a relative came to her aid and was also attacked by the dogs. The relative was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Colvin's husband was not home at the time of the attack.
One dog was shot by deputies after it tried to attack one of them. The other four were removed by animal control.
Sheriff Phillips said his office plans to file charges against the owner of the pit bulls.
- Friends: Woman mauled to death by dogs complained about neighbor's pit bulls
- Pit bull mix goes from a rescue pup to a police dog
- Moore campaign complains about super PAC ad
- Neighbors of woman killed by dogs react after bill passes
- Family, friends mourning Huntsville woman's death after fatal house fire
- Friends, neighbors rocked by double murder-suicide in Athens
- South Huntsville residents complain of poor USPS package delivery
- Friends remember woman killed in Decatur crash
- Neighbors react after woman shot at business
- Friend of woman killed by dogs not happy with owners' punishment