Every man who walked on the moon got there on top of a Saturn V rocket that Werner Von Braun and his team developed at Huntsville’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
A replica sits outside the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, and the years have taken a toll on it.
But with the 50th anniversary of the rocket’s most historic mission coming up, our local replica is getting a fresh look.
Tune in at 6 p.m. Friday to learn more about the painstaking, meticulous work involved.
- Friday at 6: A reminder of Huntsville’s role in man’s journey to the moon gets a fresh look
- Huntsville’s Saturn V rocket gets a fresh look for Apollo 11 moon landing anniversary
- Huntsville Utilities reminding public to be cautious of gas leaks
- PHOTOS: Super Blood Wolf Moon dazzles Huntsville area
- Huntsville students get hands-on education about moon landing
- Pink Moon set to illuminate the skies on Friday
- Huntsville autism conference continues through Friday
- After 2 Huntsville escapes, Half Moon the rodeo bull finally heads home
- Photos: Check out the Huntsville view of the super worm moon
- GE Aviation: Huntsville to play key role in U.S. Army helicopter engine project