The Grow with Google workshop is designed to teach business owners the digital skills they need to find new customers and get their ideas out there.
Portions of Friday's workshop were also geared toward people looking for a job. Job-seekers at the workshop were coached on how to grow their skills and make steps toward career goals.
WAAY 31 was at the workshop and talked to one Jackson County business owner who told us she's taking what she learned at the workshop and will use it to grow her business.
"I can see how the potential for increasing my marketing skills will just dramatically support my business," business owner Cheryl Holder said.
The workshop is from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Scottsboro Public Library.
- Free workshop teaches Jackson County businesses digital skills
- Google to offer digital skills workshops in 3 Alabama cities
- Free small business workshop in Huntsville
- Free financial aid workshop at NW-SCC
- Free 2 Teach reaches donation milestone
- Anti-bullying workshop in Huntsville teaches kids how to handle bullies
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Thieves targeting mailboxes in Jackson County
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- 16-year-old assaulted in Jackson County home