The Greater Huntsville Humane Society will be distributing pet food to furloughed government workers from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday in the Annex building behind the shelter at 2812 Johnson Road.
Individuals need to have an ID and some sort of proof of furloughed status if possible.
The pet food distribution is possible through the Greater Huntsville Humane Society's King's Community Kitchen Pet Food Pantry program. This program provides pet food for low-income families in our community.
- Free pet food available for Huntsville area furloughed workers
- Huntsville Museum of Art offering free admission to furloughed workers
- Giveaway aims to help Huntsville area furloughed workers
- Huntsville church offering free dinners for furloughed workers twice a week
- Furloughed workers in Huntsville are excited shutdown is over
- Community lends helping hand to furloughed workers
- Tax refunds impacting furloughed government workers
- Wife of furloughed worker wins $100,000, SUV in the lottery
- 560 furloughed workers apply for unemployment in Alabama
- Free pet adoptions at Huntsville Animal Shelter during Halloween week