Money may have been the motive behind a deadly shooting in Franklin County. Sheriff Shannon Oliver told WAAY 31 his deputies found Jason Baker dead Sunday morning at a house in Phil Campbell.
Oliver says Jerry Mills shot Baker. The sheriff told us the shooting happened during an argument that was likely over money.
The sheriff’s office got the call around 10 Sunday morning. Baker was dead when deputies arrived. He had been living with Mills for about a week, according to the sheriff.
Mills will go before a judge Monday or Tuesday.
- Franklin County Sheriff: money motive behind murder
- Bond revoked for Franklin County murder suspect
- Morgan County DA files civil suit against Sheriff Ana Franklin
- Limestone Co. sheriff questions executive motives involving parole board
- Deadly crash in Franklin County
- Madison County Sheriff's Office makes murder arrest
- WAAY 31 I-Team Investigation: Sheriff Ana Franklin's questionable connections
- Lawyer: Sheriff Franklin faces no further federal charges
- Motion filed to postpone Morgan Co. Sheriff Ana Franklin's hearing
- Franklin County kidnapping suspect captured in Mississippi