An inmate at the Franklin County Jail died Wednesday night, according to Franklin County Sheriff Shannon Oliver.
Oliver says Kenneth McDonald died after what they believe was a heart attack. Officials say McDonald was experiencing blood pressure issues.
His condition got worse Wednesday night, and he was taken to the hospital where he died.
McDonald was being held on child sex charges. He was also charged for trying to solicit the murder of someone in order to affect the charges against him. Read more about this here.
Oliver says the department was holding McDonald for the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office. He'd been in the jail since April.
- Franklin County inmate being held on child sex charges dies
- Authorities recapture escaped Franklin County inmate
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Franklin County
- Florence man dies in Franklin County crash
- Police recapture escaped Franklin Co. inmate
- Update: Franklin County hunting inmate who escaped from jail
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Limestone County suspects charged with sex abuse of a child