A Franklin County man is appealing his conviction after being found guilty of manslaughter for the 2011 killing of his girlfriend.
He was initially charged with murder and pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 2015. A jury also found Green guilty of drug charges.
Authorities said Green initially said his girlfriend had committed suicide. She had been shot once in the head with a 44-caliber pistol in the couple's living room.
A motion was also filed requesting the court to grant Green a free transcript due to indigence.
- Franklin County man appealing manslaughter conviction
- Convicted Huntsville murderer's appeal denied
- Murder suspect convicted of manslaughter, first-degree assault
- Woman charged with manslaughter
- Man wanted for shooting in Franklin County
- Florence man dies in Franklin County crash
- Man convicted of manslaughter after stabbing father 71 times in New Hope
- Deadly crash in Franklin County
- Jackson County man faces manslaughter charge following deadly wreck
- Madison County man is in jail on a manslaughter charge