Fort Payne police say a man is behind bars following a police chase leading to a cocaine bust.
Police say Christopher Adam Berry, 40, of Fort Payne, was riding a 2009 Suzuki motorcycle when officers tried to pull him over Thursday. Investigators say he tried to elude officers by making several improper turns, running several stop signs and passing numerous vehicles.
Officers say Berry eventually wrecked his motorcycle while traveling up 3rd Street Gap at a curve while he was trying to pass another vehicle. Police found 42 grams of cocaine along with drug paraphernalia.
This isn't Berry's first run in with police this year. Police say he was arrested for drugs in just August when he was accused of distributing methamphetamine and possessing prescription painkillers.
Police charged Berry with drug trafficking, attempting to elude, reckless endangerment, possession of drug paraphernalia along with driving citations.
Jail records show Berry remains in the DeKalb County Jail without bond.
- Fort Payne police find 42 grams of cocaine after motorcycle chase
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Fort Payne woman killed in crash
- Woman arrested, officer hurt after chase that started in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne dogs are being shot with crossbow
- Florida man charged with making threat to Fort Payne school