Fort Payne police say a mother is facing multiple charges after being pulled over for DUI while heading to pick up her child at a middle school.
Police say Mary Elizabeth Stevenson, 37, was charged with DUI and endangering the welfare of a child after a school resource officer received a report that the mother was possibly intoxicated Thursday afternoon.
Stevenson, who already had a child in the vehicle when she arrived at the school, was arrested and transported to the Fort Payne Police Department. Police say she received the child endangerment charge because of the child who was already in the vehicle.
Her bond is set at $2,000.
- Fort Payne mother charged with DUI while picking up child at school
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Florida man charged with making threat to Fort Payne school
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne woman arrested after drug investigation
- Fort Payne woman killed in crash
- Fort Payne man charged with robbing juveniles at gunpoint
- Six arrested on several charges in Fort Payne