The Fort Payne Police Department has charged a man with arson after a house fire.
Allen Tyrone Bailey, 45, of Fort Payne was arrested May 9 for first-degree arson, according to the police department.
The department said it and the fire department responded April 8 to a fire in the back porce area of a home in the 1000 block of Godfrey Avenue S.
An investigation followed, and Bailey was identified as a suspect. Police said Bailey was in the DeKalb County Detention Center on unrelated charges when he was charged in the arson.
Bond was set at $200,000, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Fort Payne man charged with arson
- Fort Payne woman facing meth charges
- Fort Payne man dies in motorcycle crash
- Fort Payne man charged with robbing juveniles at gunpoint
- Florida man charged with making threat to Fort Payne school
- Six arrested on several charges in Fort Payne
- Fort Payne woman arrested, charged for two home invasions
- Fort Payne police investigating sock theft
- Dog found shot dead in Fort Payne
- Dog shot with crossbow in Fort Payne