A former Madison County Sheriff's Office investigator has been indicted on sexual abuse charges.
Roland Gilbert Campos, 64, of New Market, was indicted on a count of first-degree sexual abuse and one count of second-degree sexual abuse. The victim in the case is between the ages of 12 and 16, according to his indictment.
A grand jury indicted Campos in January, according to court documents.
The incident allegedly happened in February and was reported at the victim's school in August, police said. Campos resigned from his job at the sheriff's office the same day he was arrested.
- Former sheriff's office investigator indicted for sexual abuse of child
- Madison County sheriff charges man with child sexual abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Tennessee pastor indicted, accused of sexual abuse of minors
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Parents charged with child abuse in investigation into child's death
- Marshall County sheriff charges Albertville man with sexual abuse of a child
- Limestone County sheriff charges Elkmont man with sexual abuse of child under 12
- Limestone Co. Sheriff’s Office investigator filed sexual discrimination lawsuit against Sheriff Blakely and Chief Sloss
- Huntsville police charge man with sexual abuse of a child